Things You Should Know About Cleansing Conditioners
No conditions applied!
We are going to say it straight out. “Co-washing” is the best thing to have happened to afro hair! It makes your hair soft, silky and tangle-free. We bet you are dying to know more, so take a look below!
1. What Are Cleansing Conditioners?
What if we told you that conditioners could work as good as shampoos do, would you believe it? Well hun, we are here to change your beliefs about your good old shampoo. Cleansing conditioners contain light cleansing ingredients that do not weigh the hair down. These conditioners have no foam, which makes it a gentler cleanser than your harsher shampoo!
2.Why Is It Best For Your Hair?
We all know that African American hair can get a little too dry and difficult to manage. Cleansing conditioners are ideal for this hair texture as it reduces the frizziness and helps maintain the natural oils of your scalp. For best results, co-wash your hair once a week.
3. Co-Washing Technique Is The Way To Go
This technique requires you to use a cleansing conditioner instead of a shampoo. Co-washing is the holy grail of shampooing processes for thick, dry and coarse hair! Many black women have tried, tested and now live by this washing routine. Do you wanna get in on it too?
4. Benefits Of Co-Washing Afro Hair
Let’s dive into the pros of co-washing African hair.
• Moisturizing Hair – A good hydrating conditioner adds moisture to your hair leaving it looking and feeling healthy
• Detangles With Ease – Using a conditioner instead of a shampoo works best for tangles. Curls are more defined, making it easier to style
• Keeps Your Hair And Scalp Clean – Cleansing conditioners are gentle on the scalp and hair.