By Jimmy Stylez | Mar 07, 2018
For hair that’s tough to handle, especially during the summers, braiding is the way to go. It’s not only easy to manage but braided hair also lasts longer and looks undeniably sexy! So if you’re thinking of what to do to your hair this summer – make braiding your thang to do! But just because it’s braided, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have to be maintained. And when it comes to hair, health and hygiene are absolutely crucial. Lucky for you, we’ve got quick tips to help you keep your braids beautiful!
Sometimes, the difference in temperature can leave your hair brittle and weak. So before you even consider braiding this summer, you’ll need to prepare your hair. We would recommend a strong protein treatment followed by deep moisturizing at least once or twice. An oil treatment (preferably with Vitamin E) can help strengthen your hair so you can get braidin’.
While braided hair generally lasts without a wash for a longer period of time, it still requires care. We have some quick tips to help keep your braids hydrated:
• Water Spray: Keep a water spray handy and splash water on your braids at regular intervals
• Shea Butter and other natural oils: Take a dollop of Shea butter and evenly apply it to your hair. We swear by African Pride Shea Miracle Moisture Pudding to nourish and give your hair a boost of hydration.
• Moisturize scalp between washes: Your hair needs cleansing & moisturising too! Cleanse your scalp lightly using a microfibre cloth dipped in warm water then use a Cleanse & Condition Leave-In Conditioner for hydrating the strands. To tame any loose hair or flyaways, a Miracle Braid Sheen Spray will come handy and will also add some sheen to your braids.
• Wear a head scarf while sleeping to prevent tangling. Preferably use a satin or silk scarf as cotton tends to absorb moisture
• Lock the moisture in: After applying conditioner, squeeze your braids to ensure that the product penetrates the braids. Then wear a shower cap for about 20 minutes for more effective results
• Towel-Dry: Avoid frizz by avoiding blow-drying. Let your hair dry naturally or with a microfiber towel
…And don’t forget the best way to keep your hair hydrated, is to always keep yourself hydrated. So as the summer approaches, don’t forget to increase your daily water intake too!
Follow these quick tips for the smoothest, healthiest braids.
If Hollywood glamour is on your mind, get some hair inspo from the 5 Iconic Celebrity Braids of All Time.
ProfectiV Mega Growth...Buy More
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at [email protected]
Oct 30, 2019
Oct 22, 2019
Oct 16, 2019
Oct 01, 2019
Sep 23, 2019
Aug 23, 2019
Sign up for our newsletter and get notified when we upload a new article.