By Kinky Roots | Mar 22, 2018
Broken, unhealthy hair can be a real a sight for sore eyes. A few ingredients from your kitchen can not only repair the damage but also makes sure your hair stays healthy and beautiful.
So, armour yourself with these homemade remedies, to shield your most prized possession- your hair.
Olive oil has several antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamin E which not only conditions your hair from the scalp but also coats it with a shiny healthy layer. So get ready to flaunt your hair around.
• Take warm olive oil and apply it in your scalp.
• Massage the oil deep into your hair.
• Cover it with a towel and leave it on for 30 minutes/ overnight.
• Thoroughly cleanse and condition.
You can also add ½ cup of honey to 1/3 cup of olive oil for better results.
Avocado, a natural moisturiser which helps condition dry hair, is one of the best ways to protect your hair. It has certain minerals, vitamins and fatty acids which along with repairing broken hair can also prevent future breakage.
• Scoop the flesh from an avocado, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil, and mash it up into a pulp.
• Apply the mixture to your hair.
• Wrap your hair in a towel for 30 minutes/ overnight.
• Finally cleanse your hair.
Eggs help nourish your body and hair! The yolk of the egg is high in protein and minerals which makes your hair smoother and damage free so you can go ahead and style it without worrying.
• Beat an egg and apply it in your hair.
• Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for 20 minutes.
• Rinse it off gently.
You can also add ¼ cup of yogurt to the eggs to make it smoother.
Just like how sunscreens protect our skin from UV rays, black tea is the perfect sunscreen for your hair. It also helps with dry and damaged hair as it contains polyphenols and vitamins C and E.
• Add a black tea bag to one cup of boiled water.
• Let it steep for 30 minutes to one hour.
• Apply it on your scalp and leave it on for upto 20 minutes.
• Cleanse and dry your hair as usual.
With a continuous need to experiment with hairstyles, it is necessary to give importance to the elasticity of your hair. Bananas help keep your hair elastic and prevent breakage. They contain potassium and natural oils, which help improve its quality.
• Mash one banana into a smooth pulp.
• Cover your hair with the pulp and allow it to sit for an hour.
• Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
Use any of these treatments once in every two weeks to make sure your hair stays healthy.
Want to know how to prevent hair damage? Check out Things You Should Never Do To Afro Hair.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at [email protected]
Nov 03, 2020
Nov 03, 2020
Oct 15, 2020
Oct 06, 2020
Oct 06, 2020
Sign up for our newsletter and get notified when we upload a new article.